About Nik Cubrliovic
Australian technologist and developer with a background in information security currently working as a freelance security and privacy consultant
Worked in the security field since the 90s publishing dozens of advisories around web application security, IIS, Windows NT, Linux etc. (under various aliases and in my own name). Today I am an advocate for user privacy, security, civil and online rights.
In the Media
- How an Aussie hacker used information leakage to trade stocks
- Sydney Morning Herald: iCloud celebrity photo hack: texts, address books and more ‘also accessible’
- Daily Mail: Millions of Australians’ private information at risk after security expert reveals serious flaws in Government website
- Sydney Morning Herald: Revealed: serious flaws in myGov site exposed millions of Australians’ private information
- New York Times: Privacy Groups ask FTC to investigate Facebook
- BBC – Facebook fixed cookie ID glitch
- “Frictionless Sharing A Cause For Concern” — Editorial in The Australian by Nik Cubrilovic
- The Australian – Live Blog with Nik Cubrilovic
- NYTimes - Update on latest Twitter attack
- Sunday Sun Herald Feature: Beware cookie monster – Hacker exposed Facebook flaws (October 9, 2011)
All of my published public content is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License. That includes content in my posts and comments here on my website, on Twitter, on Hacker News, on Reddit and anywhere else I write anything. That means:
- You are free to share and copy the content
- Make commercial use of the work
But only if you retain attribution to the author, Nik Cubrilovic (unless otherwise noted, such as a comment) and link back to the canonical original source, or back to my website here. If you link to a tweet or a source somewhere else, I would appreciate my name being linked back to
nikcub.me – but it isn’t required.
All code found on this site and in my code repositories, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under an MIT which requires nothing more other than to retain a copy of the license, the copyright notice and the contact details of the author.
On The Web
- Twitter – Nik Cubrilovic
- Twitter follow @dir for blog updates
- YouTube – Nik Cubrilovic
- AngelList - nik
- Hacker News – nikcub
- nik at wordpress.org dev
- Nik Cubrilovic on CrunchBase
- GitHub - nc9
My cousin Daniel Njegich is a photojournalist based in Perth, Australia. His work sees him travel all over the world documenting people and it is featured on his site. He is available for freelance photography and photojournalism work.
My sister-in-law Dejana Cubrilovic is a photographer in Wollongong and her work, specializing in baby and child photography, is also featured on her site